Our Client is providing Critical Care Decontamination Systems to decontaminate personal protection equipment (PPE), specifically N95 masks, for hospital workers around the country, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be deploying teams to various cities around the country. We are looking for casual workers who are able to travel to various locations, work extended shifts and support this important mission for up to 4 months.
Locations: TBD But likely Columbus OH, Boston, MA, New York, NY, Washington DC, Chicago, IL, Tacoma, WA
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
- In this role, you will be using our client’s system and decontaminating masks that are possibly infected with the COVID-19 virus.
- Must be willing to work 12-hour shifts (which could include 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift operations), for up to 21 days straight during initial project launch, with incremental days off thereafter, for up to 4 months.
Must be able to travel to Columbus OH for Training and then travel to other locations in the US. US Locations could include any state within US.
- Must be willing to wear full PPE and be fitted for, and wear a purified air, battery-powered respirator during work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must have a valid drivers license and eligible to drive a rental car
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be willing to submit to a medical exam to be cleared to work on this project
- Ability to follow a standardized process, adhere to safety and site procedures, and perform inventory tracking.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
Receiving the contaminated PPE from hospitals (double-bagged and contained in a rigid box)
Donning PPE and transporting the boxes to the decontamination chamber
Tracking inventory of PPE
Placing PPE into the decontamination chamber on racks
Removing PPE from the chamber after it is exposed to hydrogen peroxide vapor and aerated, tagging, documenting, and packaging it for delivery back to the hospital
Medical monitoring on the site will occur daily (daily temperature reading of each person working at the site)
Air Purifying Respirator (WBT ESHQ_HS-100S_WBT) (1 hr)
PAPR Video (WBT ESHQ_HS-338_WBT) (0.25 hr)
BloodBourne Pathogens (WBT ESHQ_EP-200) (1 hr)
Personal Protective Equipment (WBT ESHQ_BCO-0017) (0.25 hr)
Hazard Communication (WBT ESHQ_BCO-0014) (0.5 hr)
Fire Extinguisher Awareness (WBT ESHQ_HS-141) (0.75 hrs)
DOT Hazmat Shipping Training – Infectious Waste, Li-Ion Batteries (1.5 hrs)
Review of SARS-CoV-2 fact sheet (FACT-100) (Signature Only)
TIME AND TRAVEL:
Onsite training will be provided
Travel will be required. All travel expenses will be paid by the company
This is a full-time commitment for up to 4 months and work is expected to ramp up immediately and remain full-time for the duration of the need to decon PPE for health care workers.
Overtime will be paid for hours over 40.
Thank you to all of you who have already graciously stepped up to this opportunity and thank you in advance to those who will accept this assignment to help our heroic health care providers.
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.